Sunday, November 25, 2007

Week 1 retrospect

So as you noticed from the counter I have started Body for Life. I must say Week 1 was the toughest thus far and I really wished I would have taken the time to write during that period because it would have been helpful to know where I've been. I started off excited and blazed a trail through my first three days but it was that fourth day that was a trasitional period. You see with BFL you eat very clean and workout 6 times a week alternating anerobic and aerobic excercising. Well on the 4th day, the day after my lower body workout it was a cardio day and I wanted to do everything but! But I pushed myself, and I mean I really pushed myself to look past the soreness and into the future of how I envisioned my body to be and don't you know I got through it! It was on that 4th day that I knew that I had made a committment to see this thing all the way through to the end.


Pointers -

At the end of Week 1 I took the time to go to Sams Club and make a huge investment in food and I truly believe that was my saving grace. I was able to make little dinner/lunch meals for the week and it has made a world of difference. Not only am I making better food choices but I feel so much better eating 6 times a day.

I also started calorie counting. I know on BFL you are not suppose to, or they say you don't have to or whatever but I don't mind. I use fitday.com to log my meals and my activities and it's working so I am sticking with it.

Bottom line

By the end of Week 1 I went from 188.8 to 185.8
(amazing) =)

No comments: