Sunday, December 3, 2006

Day 0

Well Day 0 was essentially yesterday and it comprised of the usual gathering of all the goods needed for the fast. It was a one stop shop at the local health foods store where I live. I guess they had caught on to the craze and now sold the "Master Cleanse Kit" for 29.99
it came with:
  • The book by Stanely Burroughs
  • Senna tea
  • Uniodize organic sea salt
  • Organic Cayenne Pepper
  • A handy one day supply 2 liter jug
  • One jug of Organic Grade B Maple Syrup
  • One bottle of organic lemon juice

I thought to myself how commercial.


Kroger happened to be conveniently located next door so I bought my organic lemons from there for a whopping dollar a piece! Yeesh, whoever said that this fast was inexpensive told you a bold faced lie! Next time I'm going to Publix where they sell them by the bag.

That evening you would think I would of had a smorgasbord of food right? Wrong. Well kinda. I did eat some beef ribs, and a lean pocket (Chicken Parm) and some apple pie but really that's all I had for the entire day . . . oh wait I did have that omelet that morning with turkey sausage, but I used egg beaters! Okay, okay, okay so I did kind of over do it a little bit.

Well anyways before I began I wrote down on a postcard size note card everything that I hoped to accomplish from this fast. It was a tall order and truth be told I probably need to add to it but I expect great results because I know that this fast isn't even about me. It's about something greater than me.

So that evening I drank the tea with no problem. I read horror stories and expected such but didn't receive any. I slept through the night just fine and when I woke up I was completely satisfied with my decision to start the fast.

and then I drank the salt water flush . . .
which deserves a whole post in and of itself!

No comments: