Sunday, December 3, 2006

Day 1

Or should I say the day of reckoning! So I woke up this morning around 4:30 am. Which is about an hour later than I usually do. I'm excited, I'm actually excited about starting the fast. I have my salt all ready to go. I have a Powerade Option bottle that is exactly 1 quart. So I get to mixing . . . then to drinking . . . hmmm not bad. I finish the ENTIRE thing without a hitch. I imagined it was chicken noodle soup without the chicken like one blogger had posted. Okay it wasn't the best tasting stuff, but it was bearable.

Now I don't know how long it took, to be perfectly honest even though these events took place earlier this morning everything is kind of a blur. I became extremely nauseated. I just knew I was going to lose that salt water flush. Next thing I know I felt the worse cramps of my life. Am I starting my period? Great, I'm telling myself. That's all I need now is to have cramps on top of hunger pangs. So I hear this rumbling and I can't stop laughing because I have never heard my stomach make that sound. It was so comical, almost like something out of a movie. Next thing I know, it was no longer funny. I was on the throne with what seemed to be the worse case of "the runs" I have ever had. Oh my God this took place all morning long. If there ever was a time today when I wanted to say "To heck with this!" it was right then and there! After it was over, I thought to myself I never truly understood the meaning of the word "relief" until this very moment.

I didn't even make the lemonade till around noon time. I made a batch for the whole day using a juicer. I was actually a little skeptical about taking that first sip. I did it without the cayenne at first and was pleasently surprised. It was pretty darn good! Sweet, but good! Hey if you knew that you had to drink something for 10 days you would want it to atleast be somewhat tasty. Now with the cayenne . . . not bad either! I was psyched! I can do this!

It's around 7pm and I have about a third of the day's worth left. I have had plenty of energy throughout the day and I have not been slugish in the least. To me I could do without all of the maple syrup that it calls for. Remember I went without carbs for three months so this drink was extra sweet. The book says that you can adjust the pepper and the syrup according to your goals. Tommorow I will try the ;;mixture with less syrup and pepper and see how it goes.

I have to nix the swf in the morning because there is no way I'm going to be functional at work when I arrive at 5 am. I will drink the tea both tonight and in the morning and hopefully it will do its thing with less fanfare than it's salt water flush counterpart

No comments: