Sunday, December 3, 2006

Isn't that an awesome quote!

How it rings true on every level. Thank you M. Ghandi for your lifelong dedication to inspiring the world for generations .

Well I have decided to embark upon a personal journey to wellness and spiritual enlightenment. To be perfectly honest I've been contemplating

(ahem) procrastinating (if you can't be honest on a blog where can you be?)

on this journey for quite sometime. It wasn't until my boyfriend made the suggestion of fasting that everything came full circle.

Awhile ago we were reading from the book a Matthew when a verse or rather a situation caught my attention. Read chapter 17 14-21 KJV for greater detail.

Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting. (Matt 17:21)

It weighed so heavily on me that I had to study on the topic further. There is a very popular fasting method that is going around right now called "The Master Cleanse" or the "Lemonade Diet" created by a man named Stanley Burroughs many years ago. I became very interested in this program so I did the google thing and read up on it. Even read the reviews of Stanley Burroughs book.

I wrestled back and forth with the idea of going without food for ten days (the longest time ever) and then I realized I recently gave up carbs for 3 months! I can do all things. So I prayed on it and the very next day my guy suggested that we go on a fast. A complete fast . . . from each other! Now I won't lie to you I was skeptical. Even though the same thought had been bouncing around in my head for weeks. I just didn't want to give up the contact. It's hard enough that we are 2 hours away from each other. And now he want's to do what?!? I pouted and internally kicked and screamed like a child, but eventually I gave in knowing that it would be for the best.

Truthfully speaking I needed the break, as much as I love him, Lord knows I love the man. We had gone everysingledayforthreemonthsstraightwithnobreaksinbetweenofsomekindofcontact. Which is great preperation for marriage, did I forget to mention that he is my fiance as well. But we both needed the break. I think that we had worn each other out. Plus I knew deep down that I needed to tend to some things spiritually.

Which leads me to Day 0 and 1 of my journey which I think I will put in a seperate post for all those who would rather not know the boring details of my backstory and really just want to know the gruesome details of the fast.

No comments: