Monday, December 11, 2006

Day 10

It's day 10 Everyone!

It's day 10 Everybody!

It's day 10 Y'ALL!

I can't believe I made it! I made it. Oh my goodness, no one can tell me anything today! I made it to day 10! Praise Him. Through whom all blessings flow. I couldn't have made it without Him. He is awesome!

Okay so now the big decision. Do I continue? More on that train of thought later . . .

So I started off the morning with the tea, piece of cake. I went back to old faithful today and made the daily mix with lemons instead of limes. Hmmm I believe that I prefer limes. But that's just me. So I make the mix and hit the road.

A few months back I totaled my Honda Accord. Oh she was beautiful you guys. 1997 Special Edition Champagne . . . I miss her. Well, I don't know if anyone has ever had the privilege of having to shop for a car on a budget but it's the pits. I finally decided to pay someone else to do it. I hired a broker. (I know who does that right?) A car broker, I had never heard of such till about two weeks ago. Well today I can say that I am the proud owner of a 2003 Black EX Honda Accord. . . oh I am so happy that I hired someone else to do it. He was able to acquire the vehicle for just 9 thousand . . . that's a 15 thousand dollar car! What! God is awesome. Period!

Well on my way back from the brokers office nearly 4 hours from the time I had originally drank the tea, it went into affect. Oh no! I'm a long ways from home and I'm the girl who hates to use public restrooms. (Yes that's me!) So I stop at a local grocery store to use their restroom which happen to have a bottle of Clorox clean up in every stall! (Yes!) I don't think I have ever cleaned a toilet so fast in my life. They should have put me on payroll.

Now I'm asking myself, why am I having solid bm's on the 10th day? That's not right? Well I have a confession to make. As you may have noticed through previous posts I was not consistent with the SWF. C'mon it's the SWF that is the worst! I mean you have to be part masochist to do that thing everyday. I felt like I was truly one every time I filled that wretched Powerade Option bottle. Oh, I don't think I can ever look at one of those bottles the same ever again I tell ya and I use to love Powerade Option.

Which brings me to the question of should I continue on. Really you guys I began the cleanse for spiritual reasons and I have truly been fulfilled in that area. So I have decided to not continue the fast. I will say that the next time I do this fast I will be better prepared.


  • I will buy the lemons and limes in bulk!
  • I will also acquire the organic maple syrup online in advance. (So much cheaper than the local health food store.)
  • I will invest in a water dispenser! I was buying 2.5 gallons almost every other day!
  • I will force myself to be more consistent with the SWF and tea.
  • Oh and I will buy Cottonelle and Clorox Clean up wipes (for those days when I just can't get home on time!)

To those individuals who have chosen to use the cleanse for weight loss purposes I can say that I did weigh myself for the first time today. I had made a promise to myself that I would not do so until the last day. Surprisingly I had a total weight loss of 11 lbs. I must admit I was impressed but I tried not to become to attached to that number because I know that I will be gaining at least half of that back sometime in the near future.

Well that's all for today. Looking forward to tomorrow . . .

I can taste that orange juice now! MMmmm-mmmm good!



One more thing I want to give a quick shout out to Ms. Hawa K. Bond and everyone over there at the Yahoo Master Cleanse Group http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mastercleanse/
For anyone interested in this fast they have, hands down, the best support group on the net. Period!

1 comment:

Hawa Bond said...

I'm honored at the shot out! I must say, the Yahoo group is a HUGE support... especially when you're surrounded by nay-sayers at home.

Earlier this morning, I was typing a "shot out" of my own. Your blog is featured at my blog as a place to go for a great first cleanse journal/experience.

Stay in touch! I'm cleansing in January. I hope to see you at the Yahoo group when you decide to cleanse again.