Sunday, December 3, 2006

Day 5

Today was a bad day.

I wanted to eat today. Vegetable lo mien, spring rolls and whole grain rice from P.F. Chang's. It's one of my favorite restaurants. It was an emotional craving. I've broken that stronghold today. I realize that this is what I do. Today it is over. I claim victory over it, as a Christian I can do that and it will be done. So I have and it has!

I really had to lean on a Higher Power today. I'm beginning to realize what it means to truly lean on God. This battle is so not mine.

I received a call from a sorority sister of mine who informed me that a mutual friend of ours was killed in a car accident. I was shocked. Floored. She was only 27. She was with her children and one is okay but the other is in critical condition. Life is so very precious. Time is the most valuable commodity we have and it is often times the most wasted.

God I ask and pray that you be with her family on this day in their time of need. Be their source of comfort during this time of bereavement. Help them along this very difficult road that mourning often times bring.

She was an amazing young lady. Bold and honest. I loved her honesty. She spoke her mind and lived her life with no apologies, no regrets. She was real! To me, her life was cut painfully short but I guess God had other plans.



For Bridget - You taught me what it meant to be authentic, you were loved, and you will be missed

No comments: